Quellen & Studien:
1. Brown RE, Sharma AM, Ardern CI, Mirdamadi P, Kuk JL. Secular differences in the association between caloric intake, macronutrient intake, and physical activity with obesity. Obes Res Clin Pract. 2016 May-June; 10 (3): 243-55.
2. Mann T, Tomiyama AJ, Westling E, Lew AM, Samuels B, Chatman J. Medicare's search for effective obesity treatments: Diets are not the answer. American Psychologist. 2007; 62(3): 220-233.
4. Strasser B, Fuchs D. Diet versus exercise in weight loss and maintenance: Focus on Trypthophan. Int J Tryptophan Res. 2016; 9: 9-16
5. Caudwell P, Hopkins M, King NA, Stubbs RJ, Blundell JE. Exercise alone is not enough: weight loss also needs a healthy (Mediterranean) diet? Public Health Nutr. 2009 Sep; 12 (9A): 1663-6.
6. Gallagher EJ, Leroith D, Karnieli E. Insulin resistance in obesity as the underlying cause for the metabolic syndrome. Mt Sinai J Med. 2010 Sep-Oct; 77 (5): 511-23.
7. Kahn CC, Flier JS. Obesity and insulin resistance. J Clin Invest. 2000 Aug 15; 106 (4): 473-81.
8. Hardy OT, Czech MP, Corvera S. What causes the insulin resistance underlying obesity? Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes. 2012 Apr; 19 (2): 81-7.
10. Hu T, Mills KT, Yao L, Demanelis K, Eloustaz M, Yancy WS Jr., Kelly TN, He J, Bazzano LA. Effects of low-carbohydrate diets versus low-fat diets on metabolic risk factors: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled clinical trials. Am J Epidemiol. 2012 Oct; 176 (7): 44-54.
11. Gower BA, Goss AM. A lower-carbohydrate, higher-fat diet reduces abdominal and intermuscular fat and increases insulin sensitivity in adults at risk of type 2 diabetes. J Nutr. 2015 Jan; 145 (1): 177S-83S.
12. Krebs, JD, Bell D, Hall R, Parry-Strong A, Docherty PD, Clarke K, Chase JG. Improvements in glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity with a low-carbohydrate diet in obese patients with type 2 diabetes. J Am Coll Nutr. 2013; 32 (1): 11-7.
13. Samaha FF, Iqbal N, Seshadri P, Chicano KL, Daily DA, McGrory J, Williams T, Williams M, Gracely EJ, Stern L. A low-carbohydrate as compared with a low-fat diet in severe obesity. N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 2074-81.
14. Sondike SB, Copperman N, Jacobson MS. Effects of a low-carbohydrate diet on weight loss and cardiovascular risk factor in overweight adolescents. J Pediatr. 2003 Mar; 142 (3): 253-8.
15. Brehm BJ, Seeley EJ, Daniels SR, D’Alessio DA. A randomized trial comparing a very low carbohydrate diet and a calorie-restricted low fat diet on body weight and cardiovascular risk factors in healthy women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Apr; 88 (4): 1617-23.
16. Yancy WS Jr., Olsen MK, Guyton JR, Bakst RP, Westman EC. A low-carbohydrate, ketogenic diet to treat obesity and hyperlipidemia: A randomized, controlled trial. Ann Intern Med. 2004; 140 (10): 769-77.
*Disclaimer: Die Resultate können von Person zu Person variieren.